- We had fun enjoying "autumn" yesterday. We drove up into the mountains to an area where apples are grown. We were outside Julian, a town known for it's fall and winter activities. We spent most of our time at the Julian Mining Company. We took a hay ride, pressed applies into cider, fed the apple pulp to goats and horses and made candles. Oh, and sluiced for "gems." :-) After that we went to pick apples! It was a fun day!
- Today we took a bike ride around Lake Miramar. I rode with the kids in the bike trailer. I only had to walk the bike up the last 15 feet of one hill! Otherwise, there were only a few hills and a mostly flat-ish ride thankfully!
- Trying to find black, white and teal outfits for all of us to wear in our family photos in a few weeks.
- Finally getting a wedding picture framed! Our nine year anniversary was last week. I had MOST of the work done but just now need to get the photo matted and put in the frame I bought about 6 or 7 years ago!
- I got an iPhone! I have been using my slow Blackberry for over a year, maybe two. It has had a crack in the screen for almost that whole time. Man, I was due for an upgrade! I'm enjoying the touch screen but have to get used to the "keyboard." I find texting kind of annoying anyway, no matter what kind of phone. I prefer to type on a computer keyboard!
- Dick did a fast job of replacing our flourescent kitchen lights with new can lights. Now he's working on the drywall repair. Next the floors I think. Tomorrow I'm also getting an estimate on new doors - front door and interior doors. Slowly but surely making changes.
- I got a new comforter for our bedroom today. Our old bedspread was frayed. I got this one. I like it in our room!
- I'm tired. Gonna have some ice cream. Need to go through mail. Yuck!
Jackson eating an apple right off the tree
Veronica picking an apple - with some help!


Aren't fresh picked apples the best??
ReplyDeleteFor random, you sure do sound more productive than me!