We're six!

jottjen's Family photos 2013 album on Photobucket

Friday, February 20, 2015

Great helpers!

I posted a few days ago on Facebook about how I was a mean mommy at bedtime the other night.  Bedtime is the WORST!  There is so much to do and it's all rushed because I want the kids gone by 8:00 so I can either relax or (more likely) get a bunch of stuff done!

But yesterday the kids were so cool that I forgot all about (mostly) the bedtime blues.  Our upstairs is a big master suite which is part storage/part guest room.  Well, since Christmas, all our holiday decorations have been gathering upstairs waiting to be put in the attic (a little room accessed from the closet in the room.)  We are getting our first house guest since the holidays so we needed to go upstairs and put the 7 or 8 boxes (including the fake tree) into the attic to prepare the room for our guest.

Yesterday afternoon I told the kids I was going up to work on getting the decorations put away, and they said, "me too," and "me three."  :-)  Cool!  I got the boxes sealed up and plopped myself in the attic room.  Then the kids worked (really hard) together to bring every (big) box over to me, up and over a little step, and pushed into the attic room so I could grab them and put them on the shelves.  They were so cute and seriously helpful!!  I was quite impressed and appreciative!

A friend of mine (Hi, Jessica!) has two month old twins, and it's interesting to think about how different things are now than they were then!  It's a relief in a lot of ways!  And there are also new challenges.  And new rewards.  :-)  Parenting is quite an adventure (learning experience!)

No comments:

Post a Comment