Gotta remember to blog more... some random thoughts...
- Veronica uses "she" as a default for when she doesn't know if someone/thing (stuffed animal, etc) is a boy or girl. I think it's cute because our culture typically uses "he" all the time. She even calls Snoopy and Santa "she" sometimes!
- A few days ago Veronica wanted to take a bath and Jackson didn't. So she took one by herself. She was having fun playing by herself, and I was in the bathroom with her playing by myself (Word Feud!) Then Jackson came in and wanted to join her. She said no. I decided that the person who wants to be alone should get what they want - err on the side of bathing alone, right... I don't want to infringe on her privacy. Jackson was upset and said to Veronica, "Veronica, when you take a bath, I always take one with you." It was sad and sweet. It made me think of all the times in the future when they will shun each other... Gotta figure out how to handle that...
- I'm surprised all the time about things the kids know. Very early in their preschool experience they recited the Pledge of Allegiance to me! A few days ago Jackson was talking about camouflage at dinner - even explaining what it meant and giving examples! And today he was talking about Saturn, the planet...!
- They were very patient little people today. We spent 1.5 hours at the Big Balloon Parade which was fun but Jackson was hungry and asking to leave. But he managed to not complain too much and enjoyed the parade. After the parade we "stopped by" daddy's office for what was supposed to be "five to fifteen minutes." It turned into over an hour of waiting in daddy's office while he talked to his boss. The kids did great with a few small distractions and activities - and it was lunchtime to boot! They're such great kids!
Thursday, December 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
with regard to how much their little brains are sucking up information - I find it interesting that if you wait a few days and ask about something that happened on Monday specifically (this being say Friday) do they still remember something that wasn't reinforced. So if you said nothing else about camouflage and waited a few days would he still remember so 'vividly' what it meant? Just curious. Try that experiment for me would you lol?
ReplyDelete