I took him the next day to "Kids hair salon" and paid $15 for a cut only a little bit better than the one I did. And he held still for the stylist! Not sure what her excuse was...
Poor Jackson, although he doesn't realize his haircut is not great, he didn't care for the sitting anyway. He was very sweetly sad. He had the pouty lower lip, and quiet, still tears. Poor guy. The stylist didn't do much to make him feel better so I did the best I could to distract and comfort him.
Next time we'll go to someone recommended by friends. Maybe to one of those places with the cars for them to sit in, movies playing at each station, etc. Or maybe I'll just do what Celeste did and sit him down in front of a DVD he likes (Elmo!)
So sweet!! Hey, the first time I brought my boys to a kid's salon, it was a disaster until they gave them lollipops. I started by just cutting Max's bangs last night, but then he totally had a scary mullet! I will totally stick a lolli in Shoghi's mouth in front of a DVD when I try ti cut his. Given that they never get treats like that, it's totally mesmerizing to their little brains!!
ReplyDeleteCan you believe our littles are getting so BIG?!
Too bad you're so far away! Uncle Roger did a lot of first haircuts for kids ;)
ReplyDeletethat's crazy... if it was a 'kid salon' they should have had all those things for him and tried to make it a good experience!! You're probably better off doing it yourself - at least then he's not crying.
ReplyDelete