Jackson and Veronica got glow sticks for Easter. We finally got a chance to use them last night. The kids took a bath in the evening and it was getting dark. So we turned off the lights and turned on the glow sticks! It was fun. :-)
When we put them to bed we put the glow sticks up on the top shelf of their closet and left the doors open so they could see them but not play with them.
About a half hour later Dick went to check on them because they were still awake and playing. We came to find me in the living room and quietly beckoned me to come see what they were doing. He had the door open a few inches and they didn't hear him open it.
We peeked in and saw the two of them sitting on the changing table that is in their closet. They were cuddled up sitting in the blankets we have stacked on the changing table. They had stood on the hamper to get the glow sticks, and they were playing "house" with them. Each glow stick was a person and they were talking to each other, etc. It was super cute.
But of course we did have to go in and take the glow sticks and put them to bed...
Tonight, I just checked on them because they've been playing for an hour and a half since I put them to bed. Holy cow - when I walked in... the floor of the room was stacked high with STUFF! All their blankets, two bags of pull-ups, a basket of clothes and more... all over the place! I was surprised to see this since just an hour before I put them to bed Jackson dumped both bags of pull-ups on the floor and I made him pick them up all by himself! Guess he didn't learn that lesson...!
This time I left the mess. We'll deal with it in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I thought you were going to try to put them in seperate rooms?
ReplyDeleteLove it! Maggie used to play house with her Color Wonder markers...although she seldom actually colored with them!
ReplyDelete