I spent a while putting the chicken wire up while the kids were "napping" (playing in their room). But then the time came to let the kids out, so I asked them if they wanted to play in the water and dirt outside while I did some work. They said, "YES!" Go figure!
They literally played in the mud for over an hour while I finished my fencing and planted and transplanted my veggies and herbs!
I'm so excited! I'm committed for now and hope to stay that way through the growing season. Last spring was a total flop, and so, it was discouraging. But this year I have WAY better soil, AND I'm planting the correct veggies at the correct time of year. (Last year I unknowingly planted "winter" crops in the spring. I'm from Michigan, what can I say? They don't have "winter" crops in Michigan!)
Here I have six corn plants, six string beans, and two cucumbers:
Here is my one tomato (and my fingers). I will plant another in a month or so: (tomato, not my fingers)
Here are my herbs! Cilantro, basil, curled parsley and chocolate mint!
One mud-pie chef taking a break (in a brand new dress, no less. Oops.):
The other mud-pie chef taking a break:
I have one banana pepper and some strawberries to plant tomorrow. In a few weeks I'll look for some melon plants. And we have pumpkin seeds germinating in the house. I'm saving space for those things!
I'm having such fun! Now... to remember to water them... ;-)
I bought some seeds this past weekend... now for some good weather and time to plant. I love spring!
ReplyDelete