It was my day home with the kids anyway, but turns out Jackson was sick all day. :-( Must be the stomach flu, I guess. He had a fever all day and was in the bathroom at least once an hour with diarrhea. He refused meds for his fever which I was ok with. He knows his body/stomach. Maybe it would have upset his stomach more. His fever was only in the 100-101 range and I've heard that it may be good to let the fever go (if not too high) so the body can get on with healing itself. Who knows.
He ate small amounts of crackers and chocolate during the day (very small). (I actually read that cocoa can be good for diarrhea!) And drank a cup or two of gatorade. Even ate two popsicles so I wasn't worried about dehydration. Poor dude had a sore bum by the end of the night tho. And he took a nap on the couch. You know it's bad when your five year old willingly takes a nap!
He was lethargic all day so I let both kids basically watch TV all day. I NEVER do that! I typically limit them to about 60-80 minutes of TV a day. But you know what? It turned out to be a relaxing, easy day for me with the TV on. I'm not going to make it a habit but... it was kind of nice! I know another day like that will probably drive us all bonkers. But for today, it worked out really great.
The other thing I did today that I don't normally do is I threw out a pair of underwear! Jackson didn't quite make it to the bathroom in time every time he had to go. So... one pair of undies got especially dirty. Like, seriously, stinkishly, gag-inducing, badly dirty. So I made the quick decision to throw them out!
So far, Veronica doesn't have any signs of sickness. I've got my fingers crossed that she doesn't get it!! (Nor Dick or I.) Tomorrow V will be going to school alone while J and I hang out at home while he recuperates. Hopefully, he sleeps well tonight and feels much better tomorrow.
Ahh, the joys of motherhood! I actually enjoyed being nurturing and caring for J today even though I felt really bad for the little dude. He was a trooper most of the time. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awww. :( Hope everyone else dodged it!
ReplyDeletepoor little guy. Never fun and as a parent you can only hope that it stops there :) Hang in there
ReplyDelete