We're six!

jottjen's Family photos 2013 album on Photobucket

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Adventures of Grunty and Chubbs


Well, this is my first ever blog and first ever blog entry... I'm not sure yet what the goal of this blog is - to update family and friends on what is going on with our new family, or to be my own diary, a place to write down what's going on in our lives so I don't forget! (Those of you who know me know that I have a terrible memory!)

So, here we go...

Of course I should have started this blog about 9 months ago when I got pregnant with our twins... they are now 2 months old, their due date is next week. Here is the history/chronology of events:

- February - found out we were pregnant after almost two years of trying!
- Found out we were having twins! Then found out one was a boy and one was a girl. :-)
- Aug 6 - wrote an email to my coworkers telling them I was going part time and would be going out on leave in a week. Then went into preterm labor that afternoon!
- Aug 6 - was admitted to the hospital on bedrest. On drugs to stop contractions. Tough times!
- Aug 14 - a nurse checked me and found out I was 10 cm dilated! Time to deliver... it was 9.5 weeks early... I was about 6.5 months pregnant.
- Veronica was born at 6:49. She was 3 lbs, 2 oz, 16.1 inches long. She cried when she was born - it was really darling!
- Jackson was born at 7:10. He was 3 lbs, 8 oz, 17.5 inches long. Both were born vaginally, with an epidural!
- Both babies were healthy except for the fact that they were preterm. They needed a bit of help breathing for the first few days. They were also a little jaundiced for a few days and spent some time under the bili lights (blue lights). Otherwise, their 6 weeks in the Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) was spent getting them fattened up and teaching them to suck.
- Sept 20 - the babies came home!!
- Today, Oct 15, Jackson is now 8 lbs, 12 oz, (21 inches long with a 14 1/2 inch head) and Veronica is 6 lbs, 6 oz (20 inches long with a 13 1/2 inch head). Needless to say they are thriving!
- Oct 20 - Babies' due date!

2 comments:

  1. I never heard the whole story. I'm glad I got to read it here. Glad everything went so well after such a unexpected start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you started a blog!! Word travels fast once you told my mom - hahaha ;)

    The babies are both so adorable :D

    ReplyDelete