
So I had this brilliant idea Wednesday night to get out of the house. I didn't realize I hadn't been out of the house, in the car, for many days so I spontaneously decided to go pick up take-out for dinner while Dick fed the kids their 6 pm feeding.
It was silly how excited I was to drive 5 miles to get Pick Up Stix and Baja Fresh for dinner.
So, I was driving down the freeway, fast... weaving in and out of traffic and singing loudly along to the radio! I felt so free! Then I ordered our food - my burrito at Baja and Dick's cashew chicken at Stix... then something happened while I waited for the food. I started to get impatient... I was wondering what in the world was taking so long. Didn't they know I had babies to get home to!? I was completely agitated wanting to get home as soon as possible. It was funny how quickly the feeling of freedom wore off and my family was tugging at my heartstrings!
Now I know how my friend Leah felt when we took a long weekend together in Texas. She has two girls at home and said she felt like she left her arm behind!
How funny! Welcome to Motherhood
ReplyDelete