We're six!

jottjen's Family photos 2013 album on Photobucket

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ask and you shall receive...

Celeste requested a sleep update - so here it is!

Unbelievable! The babies still sleep from 6 pm to about 6:30 am. We lay them down awake and they usually go right to sleep. At 6:30 am, I usually hear them stir and go in and put binkies in mouths and turn the womb bear back on. They are then quiet for another 30 min or so. I can then hop in the shower or get some more zzz's... (They do sometimes wake up in the night but it only takes me about 30 seconds to go in and reinsert binkies and turn the bear back on. Often it happens because Jackson is kicking Veronica. They're still in the same crib for another week or ?)

Naps are ok, but not as wonderful. They usually take a 45 min to 1 hour nap around 8:30. And then they take another 1 to 2 hour nap around 12 noon. They probably need to nap more but when they wake up, they will not go back to sleep. So whatcha gonna do? They do usually fall asleep on their own, and again, I put them down awake.

I have posted a lot of photos at our photobucket site but this blog is looking a little wordy. So here are some photos.

Veronica in the laundry basket


Sleeping after our walk

These two will definitely like beer someday (but not soon!)
And here's a video of Jackson "complaining." I think it's cute. Should I feel bad for laughing and smiling when they complain because I think it's so cute? ;-)




Anyone still having trouble telling these two apart? I don't always label who is who. I figure everyone call tell them apart because I can tell them apart. But maybe not.... ?

5 comments:

  1. I've got the who's who now. Shannon has started a blog for Olivia http://oliviasstory.wordpress.com check it out. Not too much so far, but I'm confident there will be lots more

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute! Our pediatrician told us early to bed will help Olivia sleep longer through the night and it totally works for us too! We just made a blog for her that we have to work on www.oliviasstory.wordpress.com. Talk to you soon! I think you can totally tell the babies apart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have some great sleepers! I hope it continues for you! They are getting so big. You have to come over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, they are up from 12-6? WOW, that's a long stretch. My guys would be whining and crying all afternoon! lol

    You know I am totally and completely jealous of your sleep situation. I'm not ashamed to say it! If I got just one night of 12.5 hours of sleep, I don't know... I might just cry. ;o)

    Great, cute photos as always. I can tell them apart! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Celeste! They actually go down for the second nap around 12 (sometimes later) and get up around 1:20 or 2. So the longest they are usually up is from 1:30 to 6. And they DO get a little whiny! Lately, walks have been good to calm them down and keep them happy before their last bottle around 5:30.

    ReplyDelete