We're six!

jottjen's Family photos 2013 album on Photobucket

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fun stuff!

Well, J and V are both walking now!! Jackson will take 5 or 6 steps at a time across a room... Veronica is standing really great and will take 3-4 steps as well. They both do it when you least expect it, and when you don't have your camera ready! Last night grandmama got to see them both when we were video-conferencing. That was cool. :-)

We had a busy weekend... Saturday we went to a local Fall Harvest Festival - the first time we've done something like that with the babies. We weren't sure what to do/play with them. We took them to play at the water tables and they got into that after a while. (They were a little scared at first.) Then we took them in a bounce house and they were also lukewarm to start (well, Veronica was scared) but they both got into it eventually. Then we took them to a Gymboree booth where they had a parachute, and Jackson especially thought that was fun. We got signed up for a free class to check it out. They do fun/learning classes. They will waive the $45 membership fee and then it's only $105/month for a once/week class. NOT. It would be great but we're not going to spend that much money on baby classes. Anyway, both babies may have had the most fun at the fair just kicking/throwing a ball around in the grass. :-)

Sunday daddy and I took them for a hike in a local canyon. It was beautiful out and both babies seemed to enjoy themselves. We let them out of their carriers briefly to wander in the dirt. Jackson walked around a little and picked up some rocks. Veronica really just wanted me to hold her. I'm thinking we need to get them out more so they will become more adventurous. I'm not going to force them to do stuff when they'd rather be held. But I want them to see all the fun they can have doing stuff on their own.

Another new development lately is that both babies are starting to eat with spoons. I had no idea this was coming so soon... they like to grab the spoon away from me when I'm feeding them so I have been putting some food on it first, they grab the spoon and put it in their mouths! It's pretty cool. This morning Jackson was even trying to get the oatmeal on his own spoon with my help. (They usually eat with their hands but some things I still feed them with spoons - like oatmeal.)

Here are some recent pics:




1 comment:

  1. they are so cute. Hold them while you can, it won't be long before they won't let you.

    ReplyDelete