We're six!

jottjen's Family photos 2013 album on Photobucket

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sick mommy = not-so-great mommy

I've had one of my worst mommy weeks. Along with a runny nose and aches, my patience was painfully low... Add two sick kids to the mix and... not good. I was easily frustrated with all the needs, requests and calls for attention... I mean, even when they're not sick, it's constant... "Mommy, I need this, mommy, look at this, mommy, why did you do that, i need, i want, i want, why, why, why not?!" Oh my goodness!! It's enough to drive a person crazy. As soon as I sit down to eat, someone needs something else. About to take my first bite, someone needs something. Halfway through the meal, someone has to go potty...

Guess I just need to vent. It's no excuse but my usually unending patience was gone. Nothing left. Nada.

So... (here's my true confessions) I sighed and rolled my eyes a few times. I told them they were driving me nuts. I told them I was sick of them needing one thing after another. I told them no when I would normally have told them yes. I even raised my voice a few times. It all sounds mild but it's all subtle stuff that leaves a kid feeling like they are a nuisance. And that's not how I want my kids to think they make me feel. :-(

I know we're all human and it's probably good for them to see me get frustrated and know that sometimes I'm not at my best. And they are very forgiving little souls, children.

But I feel bad. So, I'm feeling better today. And I'm trying to be a better mommy today. And every day. :-)

1 comment:

  1. It's good for them to see all sides of life including how Mom handles frustration and it's good for them to know even parents make mistakes.

    ReplyDelete