...but I'm alone tonight (no hubby) and was nervous about putting the babes to bed. I laid them down about 20 min ago and so far, no whining or crying! I was expecting another bad night. Last night really sucked because Jackson whined (ok, there was some crying too) so much he woke up Veronica who was then also whine/crying. We let them both go. J probably whined for about an hour total. V only for about 20 min. It's terrible to sit out here in the living room and listen to them, but unless I want to get them up, bring them out to the living room, feed, rock, etc... it's the only thing we can do to get them to go to sleep. So... based on tonight's quiet - maybe it worked.?
I'm hesitant to make my dinner because it (obviously) requires me to be in the kitchen and the kitchen is right next to the babies room (strange house). I don't want to do anything that may wake them up!
Keep your fingers crossed that our most recent sleep regression (?) is over...

Back in October when they could sleep anywhere
I feel you on the hard bedtime! We endure whining/crying every night here - even if they don't do so at naptime, bedtime always seems to be harder. I hate to say "you'll get used to it," but if it keeps up, I think the whining won't be so uncomfrtable after a while. As they get older, I hear that some babies just need to unwind in that way. They're so much more aware of what they *could* be doing now!
ReplyDeleteI've been looking at newborn pictures a lot, myself... it's really hard to believe we're coming up on a year, isn't it?? They're so beautiful, Jen!!
If you're oohhing and aahhing now just think what you'll do in a few years when they really are bigger lol. They are adorable.
ReplyDelete