We're six!

jottjen's Family photos 2013 album on Photobucket

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jackson the trooper and Veronica's cute comment

The nanny usually takes the kids to the park every morning. The past two days she told me that she pulled the wagon and the kids started out walking (on leashes). She said that each day after a block or so Veronica asks to get in the wagon. But Jackson just keeps going and going and going! I think about halfway there she usually puts him in the wagon (it's about 5-6 blocks away). But she said if she let him she thinks he'd just walk all the way there himself!

Not sure if I've ever mentioned this here before (I MUST have...): Jackson is a biter. Never thought I'd have a biter. But I do. Anyway, he only does it because he's excited at the time and doesn't know how to otherwise express it (I guess). He's bit Veronica quite a few times (that one time on the cheek!) And he tries to bite Dick and I sometimes. Bit the nanny and her son once. He's never broken the skin. Usually, the "bitee" stops him before he clamps down too hard. Anyway, yesterday Dick told me that Veronica bit her own arm (not hard) and then said, "No, No. That hurts!" Cute little thing. She's actually been telling all of us "no no" when we do things we're not supposed to do (like get near the pet water bowl, open the cupboard to the trash can or put our toothbrushes on the floor)!

3 comments:

  1. cuties! i have yet to take the boys for a walk with their harnesses. when i tried to use them the first time recently, they fell a lot.

    shoghi's a biter, too, i'm sure you know. he's finally growing out of it, i think. we recently got the book "teeth are not for biting" from the library... max seemed to understand it more than shoghi, but it was a good book to have around!

    kisses all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you're putting your toothbrush on the floor because??? It's a magical show as you watch them open up more and more each day. What a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! By "we" I really mean "them!" The kids are not allowed to go near the pet's water bowl, the trash can or brush the floor with their toothbrushes - but they try it anyway! LOL.

    ReplyDelete